Eye Examinations – Adults
A routine eye examination in our office requires approximately 45 minutes. This period of time is needed to perform all the tests necessary to thoroughly asses your eyes and visual efficiency.
During your examination a health history will be taken. It is important for you to provide all information, regardless of how insignificant you might think it is.
Tests related to the following are are all part of a complete examination:
- Eye health
- General physical health
- Clarity of vision (Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism)
- Macular Degeneration
- Colour vision
- Focusing ability (Presbyopia)
- Eye muscle control
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
and other appropriate areas for each individual.
During Your Eye Examination
An eye examination is a routine and pleasant experience. Some advice…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions
- Don’t be alarmed if, for a few minutes during the examination, you find your vision getting worse instead of better.